As part of our discipline for Lent as a community, and in fulfillment of our Capital Campaign focus of Growing in Faith towards God, we are encouraging all our members to read the Gospel of Mark during these 40 days starting on Ash Wednesday. We’ll read about three chapters a week and Pastor Brian will focus his mid-week homily on those readings. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a small group that will discuss the readings from the week and how this gospel speaks into our lives today.
A study guide is with focus questions is available below, or there will be hard copies available on Ash Wednesday upon request. You can sign up for a small group starting on this Sunday, February 4.
Whether you participate in the small group or not, we encourage everyone to participate in the reading.
- Week 1: February 14-21 Chapters 1-2
- Week 2: February 21-28 Chapters 3-5
- Week 3:February 28-March 7 Chapters 6-8
- Week 4: March 7-14 Chapters 9-11
- Week 5: March 14-21 Chapters 12- 13
- Week 6: March 21-April 1 Chapters 14-16:8